Monday, January 25, 2010

Matching Sound Bottles for my Sneaky Boy

These are bottles I made for MD to match sounds.  I used empty and washed spice bottles and made three pairs each with salt, rice, and bells (small jingle bells).  I had tried presenting this activity to him before, but when it was his turn to try it, he would give me a sneaky look and flip the bottles around to see what was inside through the bottom glass that was not covered up.  Explaining to him that seeing what's inside is not the point of the activity was useless.  He giggled and turned the bottles every time I brought them out (apparently laughing at how clever he thought he was).  I recently painted the bottom of the bottles with black acrylic paint in an attempt to outsmart him, and I am hoping that he can't see inside through the paint.  We'll see how it goes. . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment