Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flowers for Mother's Day

MD and I made this Mother's Day card for my mother the other day based on an idea for a science type activity I saw on Family Fun Magazine. 

I took flowers from our garden and laid them on a piece of watercolor paper folded in half.  Covered the flowers with a paper towel and let MD hammer the flowers down until colors were showing through the paper towel.  It was pretty neat to see the colors start popping out after he hit the paper. 

When finished I peeled the smashed flowers off.  The paper towel looked great! 

I think I have really low quality watercolor paper though because it did not absorb much of the flower pigment so the card turned out like this.  That's why I ended up tracing the outline of the flowers with a black marker afterwards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment