Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Untitled Post


I am calling this Untitled Post because I don't really know what to call it.  I saw this a while back on 5 Orange Potatoes and thought it was a great idea.  That post was called "Iridescence" and rightly so.  What I overlooked when we set out to try this activity is that you are supposed to use neon food colors to create the iridescence.  At least that's what I understand of it.  So ours didn't quite look the same, but MD still liked it.


He enjoyed pouring salt on the ice.  He always enjoys pouring salt for some reason. 


He also really liked dropping food colors on the salty ice and we had fun watching the ice melt with all the different colors.  I think we went a little overboard on the colors but it was a very fun and quick activity.  I like to call it "art". 

1 comment:

  1. My son is into pouring things as well.... maybe we will have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete