Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snowman Art

I know I saw an art project like this somewhere on the web but I can't remember where.  It was done with a scarecrow instead of a snowman.  It's supposed to use 3 differnet mediums, oil pastels, watercolors, and scrapbook paper.  Instead of the oil pastels we just used white crayon for the clouds, but it didn't turn out so well because they didn't show through the paint.  Maybe MD didn't press the color hard enough or the paint was too thick.  Anyhow, I am still pleased with how it turned out.  I cut out the snowman from it's template and traced the hat and scarf onto scrapbook paper and cut them out.  I drew the clouds and cut out hills from scrapbook paper also.  MD did the painting and gluing although I helped him out a bit with the hills.







1 comment: